The University of Cologne's M.Sc. International Management Master (CEMS MIM) is designed to provide you with excellent academic and practical training in international management, together with an international focus for your future careers in international business environment.
This network is a global alliance of 29 leading business schools, more than 60 multinational corporations and four social partners that together offer the International Management Master (CEMS MIM). The University of Cologne’s Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences („WiSo-Faculty“) is a founding and the exclusive German member of the CEMS network.
More information about the Master Degree Programs at the WiSo-Faculty.
The programme's core features
- International course experience
- Intercultural study groups
- Term abroad at one of the top business schools of the CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education
- Consultancy project carried out in collaboration with multinational companies
- Soft skills seminars geared towards developing leadership skills
- Numerous opportunities to meet and network with representatives of globally active companies
- 10 week internship abroad
- The Core and Advanced Section (54 CP) comprises the compulsory CEMS Cores and election modules.
- In the Supplementary Section (24 CP), you are free to choose one of six subjects: Accounting, Corporate Development, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain Management and Economics.
- Modules in the Specialisation Section (27 CP) features CEMS Business Project and Case Studie Course.
- The Master‘s Thesis (15 CP) analyses a specific topic or problem and is normally completed during the fourth term.
The University of Cologne offers theInternational Management Master (CEMS MIM) as part of the 2-year MSc in International Management. The CEMS MIM year takes place during the second year of the master studies. The CEMS MIM comprises a carefully designed curriculum, which achieves one of the main goals of the CEMS Alliance, i.e. to combine academic theory with business practice. Exposure to top-class teaching and the operational expertise of world-renowned companies gives CEMS students a great opportunity to consolidate previous knowledge and apply newly acquired skills as they go through the programme.
The balance of theoretical and experiential learning is achieved via a multi-faceted curriculum. Alongside internationally aligned courses, Skill Seminars and Business Projects, the CEMS MIM programme includes an internship abroad as well as a term abroad at one of the CEMS partner universities.
The CEMS year, including the CEMS core elements, takes place during the second year of the Cologne master degree and is equivalent to an academic year (CEMS term 1 during the fall and CEMS term 2 during spring term). One of these terms is completed at the home school, the other term at a CEMS school abroad
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Business Administration or Economics with strong proficiency in Business Administration, Economics and quantitative methods
- Overall grade of at least 2.5 (German grade) in the Bachelor’s degree
Application Deadline: March 31st. Applicants with a (bachelor) degree acquired abroad must also apply via uni-assist until March 15th.
Here you can find more information about the application and admission requirements.
Address of the WiSo-Faculty
Dekanat der Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftlichen
Fakultät der Universität zu Köln
Student Advisory Service
Tel.: +49 (0) 221 470 - 8818
For further Information please visit the website of the university.
To Website >