Understanding European policy and its economical and societal impact on global topics
European Union policy strongly influences a wide range of topics. This interdisciplinary Master’s programme focuses on energy, transport, climate and digitisation from a political as well as technological point of view. It combines the excellence of RWTH Aachen University in engineering and technology with the current political and economic agenda of the EU to provide a comprehensive understanding of the impact of new technologies on EU governance and vice versa. The result is a highly attractive programme: the Master of Public Administration in European Studies. Study it in Aachen and qualify for leadership positions in the private or public sector.
Degree: Master of Public Administration (awarded by RWTH Aachen University)
Duration: 1,5 years
Credit Points: 90 CP (winter semester 2020/21)
Apply by: 1st March 2020 as a Non-EU national, 15th July 2020 as an EU national
Successful graduates of the MPA European Studies are:
- specialists in European Union decision- and policy-making and its impact
- analytical minds with an understanding of current and evolving technologies in energy, climate and digital transformation combined with EU expertise in these fields
- interdisciplinary thinkers and strategists equipped for international projects
- bilingual team players being flexible in multicultural contexts
- active networkers experienced in the EU arena
- first academic degree
- a minimum of 1 year work experience
- fluent in English
Various options instead of one job title.
The interdisciplinary, forward-looking nature of the European Studies Master’s programme addresses the need for graduates who are able to work at the interface of politics and technology thus needing a profound knowledge of both. The pr ogramme prepares you for high-level positions in the private or public sector, for example in EU or national government institutions, areas of public administration, NGOs, international companies or the media. Regardless of which technology specialisation you choose in the second semester, the programme equips you for a multitude of positions in a variety of bodies, institutions and companies.