International and full of prospects
International and full of prospects: this is how services oriented individuals present themselves to the world of hospitality. Young and qualified executive managers are high-demanded in the hotel industry.
To prepare students for these challenges the SRH Hochschule Berlin offers the bachelor programme "International Hotel Management” at the SRH Hochschulcampus Dresden.
The 3.5 year programme can be studied both in German and in English. It includes 12 months of practical training at different international locations. Graduates are provided with profound business and industry related knowledge, personal and management skills as well as practical experience both in operations and management. This unique approach prepares for a successful start into a career in International Hospitality Management.
Particular objectives of the programmes
- basics of Business Administration in a global context
- strong understanding of the international hospitality industry and its management concepts
- accumulation of intercultural experiences in a job-specific context
- application of academic knowledge and practical training
- developed social, intercultural and personal competences
- practical skills lead to professional competences, expertise and employability
Programme contents and structure
The programme "International Hotel Management" is arranged over 7 semesters (3,5 years) and will be studied at our campus in the city of Dresden. Each semester is divided into modules, which are focusing on knowledge (basic, advanced, extension), method and practice. Your personal profile is enhanced as you participate in business projects and internships, as well as your study, organisational and communication skills. You will gain a comprehensive introduction to management; learn key business principles and how to apply them in practice.
- Fundamental knowledge in International Business Administration and International Hospitality Management
- Deepened knowledge in business areas such as International Marketing, Financial and Management Accounting, Strategic Management, Event Management
- Profile & Practical training such as Food & Beverage Management, Rooms Division Management, Hotel Development
- Development of strong intercultural skills and a business etiquette
- Empirical methods, communication methods, languages
Start and duration of the programme:
The programme starts each winter or summer semester. It is a three and a half year’s programme that includes 12 month of internship.
Study Mode: full-time programme
Duration: 7 semesters
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Location: SRH Hochschulcampus Dresden
Graduates of our programme are able to work in various positions in the hospitality industry, worldwide. Opportunities are numerous. You can perform jobs in marketing, human resources, controlling, revenue management, room-division management and other areas of hospitality management.
Hotels, hotel chains as well as hospitality-related companies like event agencies, health and spa facilities and companies with a strong focus on customer service are just some of the potential employers.
With the international accredited FIBAA Bachelor's degree you are also qualified for further education at the Master's level.
Languages and going abroad
SRH Hochschule Berlin has a strong international focus:
- We incorporate international aspects of business life into many curriculum modules.
- We have a diverse student body of 40% international Bachelor students
- We practice diversity management and intercultural learning.
- We have strong ties to many international partners.
We encourage all of our students to take advantage of our student exchange programmes. We offer the possibility for students to broaden their life experiences through cultural immersion.
Not only do we offer our original exchange programmes with Griffith College (Dublin) and INSEEC Business School (Paris), but we also offer exchanges with our partner schools in Spain, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Poland, France, Mexico and USA and many more.
More information and contact details
Come and visit the SRH Hochschulcampus in the city of Dresden and participate at one of the Info Sessions.
Deadline and Application
Please submit your application at any time by using our application form >
Admission Requirements and Fees
- Qualification for entry to higher education according to German Law (qualifications acquired in countries other than Germany will be considered individually for recognition)
- Language requirements for the English-based programme are TOEFL (minimum score PBT 550, CBT 213, internet-based 79-80) or comparable certificates (e.g. IELTS Academic: at least 6.5; TOEIC: at least 730). A university degree completed in English will suffice as proof of language proficiency.
Tuition fees – invest in your future
Find information on tuition fees on our website. The website also provides information about scholarships and other options for financing your studies.
How do you profit?
- Qualification for managerial roles and career programmes in the international hospitality industry
- A fast start to your professional career through strong worldwide industry contacts and our Career Service
- Continuous transfer of theory into practice by combining practical work experience with academic study
- Laying the basis for an international career through a six-month internship abroad with a wide range of locations to choose from
- Optimal learning environment through teaching in small groups
Study at SRH Hotel-Akademie Dresden
With over 8,500 students the SRH Holding is one of the leading education providers in Germany. Our educational establishments offer and expect the highest standard in education, studies, instruction and research. Our excellent education comes with extraordinary chances for your future.
Conveniently located within the heart of Dresden the SRH Hotel-Akademie provides professional trainings, bachelor’s programmes and a master’s programme. Through covering study programmes in both English and German language we created an international environment enhanced by a cosmopolitan atmosphere.
Dreaming of an international career within the hotel sector? If so, numerous job opportunities such as Marketing, Guest Relations or Food & Beverage Management are awaiting you. But – in today’s fast-moving hotel industry it’s almost impossible to get anywhere without job experience.
That’s why we will equip you with the knowledge you need to have to get your professional career off the ground. We will help you in making the right choice for your future: academic studies or an advanced training.