The new study programme International Business (BSc) will develop the understanding of international business in a globalized world. Based on the latest theoretical concepts of business administration the study programme equips students with the key business skills to work successfully in an international business environment. Furthermore, the students can benefit from the range of specializations which are offered at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and at the university partners all over the world. The specializations allow students to deepen their knowledge and to meet individual goals.
Campus Rheinbach and Campus Sankt Augustin
Begin of the study programme
Each winter semester (September)
7 semester total including a mobility window for a flexible use of internships or study abroad semesters
Learning of another foreign language is compulsory within the study programme.
Students must provide evidence of one of the following:
- Entrance qualification for a University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule);
- Entrance qualification for university;
- Entrance qualification acknowledged as equivalent by the competent authorities.
International students must show proficiency in English: at least B2+ level according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages.
The admission to the Bachelor’s study programme in International Business is restricted. In restricted bachelor study programmes 7 % of the study places are kept for non-EU applicants.
Application is done online via “Hochschulstart”.
For further information contact the Registrar’s Office.
Application deadline (preclusive period):
For the winter semester: July 15th
Further information about semester contributions can be found at: www.h-brs.de/en/fees.
- The latest media technology in all seminar rooms
- Three computer labs with Internet access
- Study rooms for small group work
- Free WiFi on campus
- University Library
Specialization during the study programme
Specialization takes place through the choice of two main subjects:
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- International Management
- Management Accounting and IFRS
Further specialization courses are available in German.
International scope of Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg/Study programme
- Situated in the middle of Europe with easy public transport for travels available
- The whole programme is taught in English
- Second foreign language is part of the curriculum
- All business administration courses address specifically the international perspective
- Extended mobility window: 5th, 6th and/or 7th semester are designated semesters for studying abroad worldwide
- Compulsory internship
The internship can be completed in Germany or abroad (full-time employment in a company; minimum of 20 weeks). It can be replaced by a semester at a foreign university, for example at a partner university in Europe or in non-European countries. The internship or study abroad semester will usually take place during the 6th semester and must be approved by the department.
The Department of Management Sciences is currently partnering with 28 universities in the following 17 different countries:
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- Great Britain
For any questions regarding application, admission and registration:
Tel.: +49 2241 865 467
Fax: +49 2241 865 8467
Prof. Dr. Ralf Meyer
53757 Sankt Augustin
Tel.: +49 2241 865 9880
Academic Advisor Rheinbach
Tel.: +49 2241 865 9735
Academic Advisor Sankt Augustin
53757 Sankt Augustin
Tel.: +49 2241 865 127
Further information about the study programme can be found on the websites of the university: