Green Business and Energy Innovation
Become part of one of the most booming and exciting fields of global economy with excellent job opportunities internationally. You will learn the basics of solar and bio energy as well as wind, water and geothermal power and how they are applied for business and entrepreneurship worldwide. As part of the Green Economy the Renewable Energy programme can contribute significantly to climate protection and energy efficient solutions. Their huge operational area for energy supply reaching from decentralized rural and private household electrification up to high tech smart grid solutions is the foundation for future prosperity.
Particular objectives of the programmes
- basics of Business Administration in a global context
- deepened actual knowledge of management areas in the field of Renewable Energy as well as practical skills
- developed social, intercultural and personal competences
- practical skills lead to professional competences, expertise and employability
Programme contents and structure
In this bachelor programme we convey interdisciplinary knowledge in Renewable Energy Business involving technology fundamentals, environmental aspects, cost effectiveness, marketing, financing, strategic management and legal framework. Projects and internship bring you in contact with companies and give you insight into best practice solutions. Courses are held in English. Participants choose an additional language learning programme (German or Spanish).
- Fundamental knowledge in Business Administration
- Fundamental knowledge in Renewable Energies (Solar energy, solar heating and cooling, Wind and water power, Bioenergy, Geothemal energy, Energy storage)
- Extended interdisciplinary knowledge such as Environmental and climate protection, international aspects of Structural changes in energy economy or Energy law
- Empirical methods, Communication methods, languages
Furthermore, at our university you study in small interactive groups. You are actively involved in the lectures, gain knowledge on the basis of concrete projects, and learn to act solution oriented.
The personal qualification profile will be completed through projects, internship, business plans and the bachelor thesis in conjunction with organisational and communicational abilities.
Start and duration of the programme:
The programme can be started either in summer or winter semester. It is a three year’s programme that includes an internship.
Study Mode: full-time programme
Duration: 6 semesters
Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
The internal anchorage of the study programme provides an ideal study environment for the preparation of professional assignments in a globalized economy. B.A. graduates are capable to support the management in all functional areas of the company and, following an applicable initial training, to take managerial responsibilities in economy and administration themselves. Alternatively, our graduates have the ability to become entrepreneurial or self-employed.
How do you profit?
You study in small groups; you gain knowledge on the basis of concrete projects and learn to act solution oriented, you learn in an international group with students and lecturers coming from different cultures stimulating an interesting learning atmosphere.
Languages and going abroad
SRH Hochschule Berlin has a strong international focus:
- We incorporate international aspects of business life into many curriculum modules.
- We have a diverse student body of 40% international Bachelor students
- We practice diversity management and intercultural learning.
- We have strong ties to many international partners.
We encourage all of our students to take advantage of our student exchange programmes. We offer the possibility for students to broaden their life experiences through cultural immersion.
Not only do we offer our original exchange programmes with Griffith College (Dublin) and INSEEC Business School (Paris), but we also offer exchanges with our partner schools in Spain, Turkey, the Czech Republic, Poland, France, Mexico and USA.
Deadline and Application
Please submit your application at any time by using our application form >
Admission Requirements and Fees
Applicants to our Bachelor programmes need to have either a German (Fach-)Abitur or an international Baccalaureate Diploma or a corresponding qualification of eligibility as an entrance qualification for university.
The entire programme is held in English. All applicants must prove sufficient linguistic proficiency in order to participate successfully in the programme.
Tuition fees – invest in your future
Through your studies at SRH Hochschule Berlin, you are investing into your own future:
- Tuition fees are €725 per month (EU/EEA students), €780 per month (non-EU/non-EEA students)
- An additional enrolment fee of €250 is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
- Your investment pays off: A high quality graduate degree program along with market-oriented education awaits you. We facilitate best conditions for your studies through individual support and small class sizes while providing valuable insights into business practice.
- As SRH Hochschule Berlin is governmentally recognized, German citizens and permanent residents may qualify for state support in accordance with the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAFöG).
Preferred financing conditions through student loans in conjunction with our banking partner EKK Bank. More info >
More information and contact details
Come and visit us at one of our Info Sessions. For more information please see our website.
Study at SRH Hochschule Berlin
About SRH Hochschule Berlin – The International Management University
SRH Hochschule Berlin is a state-approved private university that offers Bachelor and Master programmes in Management. Located at the heart of Germany's capital the university's profile is characterized by individual academic coaching and practice orientation as well as an intercultural perspective.
Since 2007 the institution is part of the SRH Group. This non-profit foundation is headquartered in Heidelberg and runs nine universities in Germany and abroad.
CHE University Ranking 2013/14
Germany's most important university-ranking confirms excellent study conditions at SRH Hochschule Berlin. The university is in the top group in 4 out of 5 categories that were investigated for the department for Business Administration
The International Business Administration Programme with focus on Renewable Energy is accredited by the FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation). You will graduate with the academic degree Bachelor of Science. The diploma supplement is documenting your studies according to international standards.