Foundations for Your Entrepreneurial Independence
- You want to be your own boss? Create your own business?
- You have a smart business idea and want to bring it to the market?
- You need support in overcoming the hurdles of administration, law, and regulations, as well as financial and marketing challenges?
Here we have the perfect start-up program for you! Study both the theoretical foundations of business modeling and strategy while developing and realizing your entrepreneurial vision in parallel. Find experts, partners and lecturers who provide guidance based on their extensive experiences from practice and industry. The Entrepreneurship Master program is oriented towards individuals who plan to found a company, who are already in the process of incorporation, or who are striving towards a position which encompasses entrepreneurial or innovation-focused tasks (e.g. venture-capital organization, incorporation consulting, incubating, etc.)
The degree program aims to convey subject-specific knowledge that is required for founding of a company and prepares the student to establish a business on market for the long-term perspective.
Students acquire skills in business administration, law, and information systems, all of which enabling them to master tasks along the domains of
- Organization and Management (1st semester)
- Development of Business Models (2nd semester)
- Founding of Companies (3rd semester)
With a degree from SRH Hochschule Berlin graduate will be able to establish themselves on the market and foster their entrepreneurial success.
Primary Program Objectives:
- Students gain the ability to become entrepreneurially engaged, e.g. developing an own idea, identify opportunities, devise a business plan and realize it.
- Founding a company, creating a business unit within a company, acting as stakeholder within a company
- Expansion of the individual network is actively supported.
- transfer of knowledge from research towards instruction and business practice
Program content and structure
Over the course of two years, the program aims to provide students the essential tools to establish themselves as successful founders of their own company, creators of business units within a corporation, or to participate in entrepreneurial endeavors as stakeholders. The program curriculum seeks to establish a balance between familiarizing the student with practically-oriented subject knowledge to establish his or her company on the market as well as with analytical tools in order to react to both challenges and opportunities arising therein:
Semester 1: Conceptual Development
- Economy of the firm
- Organization & Management
- Law I
- Business Analysis
- Entrepreneurial Skills I
- Practical part: Ideas & Concept
Semester 2: Business Modeling
- Theory & Frameworks of Business Models
- Controlling & Governance
- Information System Management
- Law II
- Entrepreneurial Skills II
- Practical part: Business Planning (Plan the Company)
Semester 3: Business Implementation
- Strategic Management
- Resource Management
- Global Strategic Management
- Law II
- Entrepreneurial Skills III
- Practical part: Business Plan Evaluation & Finance
Semester 4: Master Thesis & Colloquium
- Master Seminar
- Master Thesis
- Practical part: Administration and Operative Management for Start-ups
Throughout the program the students will continue to develop and realize real business ideas (alone or in groups) in order to foster entrepreneurial endeavors supported by a solid theoretical foundation and practically relevant abilities such as personal skills and applied knowledge.
Program Intake & Duration
Program Intake occurs for each Winter Semester (Start date: End of October).
Program duration is four semesters, including the Master Thesis
Program Form Full-time studies
Program Duration 4 Semesters
Degree Conferred Master of Arts (M.A.)
The "Entrepreneurship" (M.A.) degree programme is sucessfully accredited by the FIBAA agency.
Your career perspectives
This program specifically caters to the preparatory needs of
- Company Founders
- Entrepreneurs in Company, e.g. involved in international expansion
- Corporate Successors
- Freelancers in cooperation agreements with SMEs who seek independence
- Young Founders undergoing the foundation phase of their business
- Economy Promoters and managers for regional development
- Independent Consultants
Students receive Incorporation-coaching through university professors and experts from industry throughout their studies. In conjunction with the university career service, mentors from the industry and practice furthermore provide guidance for student questions and ideas within the scope of a mentoring program.
Students from over forty nations come to the capital of Germany to study at SRH Hochschule Berlin and likewise aims its students to gain further international experience whenever possible. For that, study abroad exchanges to dual degree programs with partners around Europe and the globe, such as Grande Écoles INSEEC Business Schools (France), Marmara and Yeditepe University (Turkey), Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Spain), Griffith College Dublin (Ireland), as well as University Autonoma de Querétaro (Mexico).
Applications may be filed at any time through our online portal >
Admission criteria & tuition fees
- Successful attainment of an undergraduate degree (University, University of Applied Sciences or equivalent) with business administrative focus with a nominal program duration of at least six semesters and 180 ECTS credits.
- GMAT score of at least 550 points
- TOEFL score of at least 79 points (internet-based), IELTS result of 6.0, or equivalent proof of lingual proficiency through a comparable standardized test of completion in of a degree program complete held in English language
Through your studies at SRH Hochschule Berlin, you are investing into your own future:
- Tuition fees are €780 per month (EU/EEA students), €850 per month (non-EU/non-EEA students)
- An extra one-off fee of €280 for our diversity training (intercultural events, excursions and language courses) is added to the tuition fees.
- An additional enrolment fee of €250 is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
- Your investment pays off: A high quality graduate degree program along with market-oriented education awaits you. We facilitate best conditions for your studies through individual support and small class sizes while providing valuable insights into business practice.
- As SRH Hochschule Berlin is governmentally recognized, German citizens and permanent residents may qualify for state support in accordance with the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAFöG).
Preferred financing conditions through student loans in conjunction with our banking partner EKK Bank. More info >
About the SRH Hochschule Berlin – The International Management University
The state-approved and private SRH Hochschule Berlin is an intercultural management school located in the heart of the German capital. SRH Hochschule Berlin offers interactive lectures and academic mentoring along with internship experience. The institution is part of the SRH University network comprising nine private universities of applied science in Germany and abroad. All in all, approximately 8,500 young students from more than 60 nations study within the SRH network.