Become a sought-after international expert of the Blue Economy.
You have an Engineering or Science degree? You wish to get a business education while extending your technical knowledge and skills in the area of renewable energies?
Enhance your career prospects with our interdisciplinary Master's programme in Engineering and International Business. Our new degree enables you to gain a holistic understanding of both economic and technical systems.
Objectives of the Programme
“Engineering and International Business” students are able to deal with current environmental and fundamental challenges because they have an interdisciplinary view on resource and energy shortages and use their holistic approach to connect current and recently-developed technologies in order to find sustainable solutions. Their technological background and the modules on renewable energy systems as well as sustainable water and residue technologies help them to get to the core of these technical and environmental issues. Apart from technical expertise, our Master students receive a solid management education within an international context. Classic business modules, such as Marketing, Sales, Finance and Project Management are incorporated into the curriculum to make students gain a general and thorough business understanding.
Programme Content and Structure
- Solid business and engineering education with an international focus
- Unique and interdisciplinary combination: renewable energies and water & waste management
- Learn to work, think and act like both an engineer and an entrepreneur
- Acquire the ability to combine different technologies and skills in order to develop new sustainable solutions
- Become acquainted with management subjects and theories and get to extend your project management skills within an international context
- Learn about Marketing, Finance, International Contract Law and Life Cycle Assessment
- Soft skills (presentation, negotiation and intercultural skills) are part of the curriculum
Start and Duration of the Programme
The study programme commences in the winter semesters.
Study Mode: full-time programme
Duration: 4 semesters
Degree: Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
After completing the degree graduates have the necessary skills to plan water and waste management facilities and renewable energy systems, and have the knowledge to turn different smart technologies into integrative solutions. They have the competences to assess the profitability and the environmental impact of such systems. They know how to develop business models and feasibility studies within an international context and they are capable of managing projects on an international scale.
The majority of jobs for "Engineering and International Business" graduates are within innovative growth industries and offer great career prospects. The Green or Blue Economy provides a basis for a variety of jobs that require experts with extensive engineering knowledge who are able to take on demanding management and leadership positions in international companies.
Graduates are able to work in:
- Planning and development offices
- Consulting firms
- Plant operators
- Energy and water suppliers
- Plant manufacturers
- Public institutions and authorities (licensing authorities, planning and development departments, etc.)
International orientation and study abroad
Students from more than 70 nations study at SRH Hochschule Berlin, the most international university in the German capital.
In addition to our multicultural student body and the international focus of our programmes, we offer students the opportunity to study abroad at one of our various partner universities around the globe. Please see our website for the many study abroad options we offer.
More Information and Contact Details
We invite you to one of our Open House events to get to know our university. If you are not sure whether the programme is right for you, please contact our study advisor for individual guidance.
Deadline and Application
We accept applications until the start of the programme. If you are a citizen from a non-EU/EEA country, please apply at least 3 months before the start of your studies. Please use our online application system to apply for our programmes.
Admission Requirements and Fees
Admission requirements vary according to the educational background and citizenship of applicants.
The basic requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering etc.) or (Natural) Sciences or equivalent degree in the same area of studies.
- Dring their previous studies, students need to have had the following subjects incl. the required credits and study workload - Note: 1 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credit point is equivalent to 30h of study workload.
- Mathematics (Algebra, Analysis): 24 ECTS credits x 30h = 720h workload
- Sciences (Physics, Chemistry): 24 ECTS credits x 30h = 720h workload
- Computer Science or similar: 12 ECTS credits x 30h = 360h workload
From 2018 on, SRH Hochschule Berlin will be offering pre-study courses in the relevant areas for applicants who did not have the necessary amount of workload or enough credit points in the above-mentioned subjects in their previous studies.
Further requirements are
- personal/telephone interview
- Proof of English language proficiency:
- TOEFL 87 ibt
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 for each skill)
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
Tuition fees – invest in your future
Through your studies at SRH Hochschule Berlin, you are investing into your own future:
- Tuition fees are €780 per month (EU/EEA students), €850 per month (non-EU/non-EEA students)
- An extra one-off fee of €280 for our diversity training (intercultural events, excursions and language courses) is added to the tuition fees.
- An additional enrolment fee of €250 is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
- Your investment pays off: A high quality graduate degree program along with market-oriented education awaits you. We facilitate best conditions for your studies through individual support and small class sizes while providing valuable insights into business practice.
- As SRH Hochschule Berlin is governmentally recognized, German citizens and permanent residents may qualify for state support in accordance with the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAFöG).
Preferred financing conditions through student loans in conjunction with our banking partner EKK Bank. More info >
Study at SRH Hochschule Berlin
About SRH Hochschule Berlin – The International Management University
SRH Hochschule Berlin is a state-approved private management university that offers Bachelor, Master and MBA programmes in both German and English. Located in the heart of Germany's capital the university's profile is characterized by individual support, practice-oriented teaching and an intercultural perspective.
The university is part of SRH, a leading non-profit provider of educational and health-care services based in Heidelberg. Within the group there are ten universities with more than 12000 students in total.
The programme “Engineering and International Business” is accredited by FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation). Students graduate with the academic degree Master of Engineering.