Shape the digitalised society and gain expertise in technology and management
In our modern age of globalisation and industry 4.0 customers and businesses are conducting billions of online transactions each day. Companies have access to real-time customer data, they can automate processes and they can communicate with customers and stakeholders more effectively and efficiently than ever before.
However, these changes are accompanied with challenges such as the security of information systems, handling big data and data protection issues. These opportunities and challenges generate a demand for professionals with knowledge and skills in business and IT who are able to manage these diverse tasks and requirements and who are able to fulfil the job market requirements accordingly.
Objectives of the programme
Due to the competitive environment the programme’s curriculum includes modules on server management, cloud computing, IT governance or e-commerce. Business Information Systems students learn how to develop websites and web applications, they study IT security and IT business alignment and they receive plenty of hands-on experience in study projects and internships. In addition to IT expertise our students receive a profound management education in classic business modules, such as, economics, marketing, finance and business management which helps them to gain a good understanding of the economic environment they will be working in.
Giving our students a competitive edge in the job market, the programme also focuses on interdisciplinary subjects like project management or business research, and soft skills, such as intercultural, personal and language skills, so Bachelor students are equipped with an interdisciplinary skill set that enables them to tackle the challenges of a global digitalised economy.
Programme Content and Structure
- Fundamental knowledge in management subjects such as Economics, Marketing and Finance
- Gain relevant skills in areas like IT Business Alignment, Information Security Management, Business Model Generation, Design Thinking and Web Development
- Solve problems with algorithms & learn HTML 5 and CSS for web applications
- Strengthen your communication, presentation, language and intercultural skills
- A study project and an internship are included in the curriculum and offer plenty of real work experience
- International focus of the programme and the university
Start and duration of the programme
The study programme commences in the winter and summer semesters.
Study Mode: full-time programme
Duration: 6 or 7 semesters (7 semesters if you start in summer)
Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
With a Bachelor of Science in "Business Information Systems" you have vast career options. You can work in different company departments or you can get a position in system development or information management. Possible careers include:
- IT Consultancies
- Information and Innovation Management
- Project Management
- System and Front End Development
- Marketing and Sales
International orientation and study abroad
Students from more than 70 nations study at SRH Hochschule Berlin, the most international university in the German capital.
In addition to our multicultural student body and the international focus of our programmes, we offer students the opportunity to study abroad at one of our various partner universities around the globe. Please see our website for the many study abroad options we offer.
More Information and Contact Details
We invite you to one of our Open House events to get to know our university. If you are not sure whether the programme is right for you, please contact our study advisor for individual guidance.
Deadline and Application
We accept applications until the start of the programme. If you are a citizen from a non-EU/EEA country, please apply at least 3 months before the start of your studies. Please use our online application system to apply for our programmes.
Admission Requirements and Fees
Admission requirements vary according to the educational background and citizenship of candidates.
The basic requirements are:
• General higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or university of applied sciences entrance qualification (Fachhochschulreife)
• personal/telephone interview
• Proof of English language proficiency:
- TOEFL 87 ibt
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150
- IELTS (academic) 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 for each skill)
- CAE (grade A, B, or C)
- CPE (grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
Tuition fees – invest in your future
Through your studies at SRH Hochschule Berlin, you are investing into your own future:
- Tuition fees are €725 per month (EU/EEA students), €780 per month (non-EU/non-EEA students)
- An additional enrolment fee of €250 is to be paid once at the start of the programme.
- Your investment pays off: A high quality graduate degree program along with market-oriented education awaits you. We facilitate best conditions for your studies through individual support and small class sizes while providing valuable insights into business practice.
- As SRH Hochschule Berlin is governmentally recognized, German citizens and permanent residents may qualify for state support in accordance with the Bundesausbildungsförderungsgesetz (BAFöG).
Preferred financing conditions through student loans in conjunction with our banking partner EKK Bank. More info >
Study at SRH Hochschule Berlin
About SRH Hochschule Berlin – The International Management University
SRH Hochschule Berlin is a state-approved private management university that offers Bachelor, Master and MBA programmes in both German and English. Located in the heart of Germany's capital the university's profile is characterized by individual support, practice-oriented teaching and an intercultural perspective.
The university is part of SRH, a leading non-profit provider of educational and health-care services based in Heidelberg. Within the group there are ten universities with more than 12000 students in total.
The programme “Business Information Systems” is accredited by FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation). Students graduate with the academic degree Bachelor of Science.