The international dimensions of business and management
The Master of Science in International Management is a 12 - 15 month programme spent in two countries and taught entirely in English. Special emphasis is placed on the international dimensions of business and management.
Upon successful graduation, students are awarded the "Master of Science in International Management". For more information and to download the application forms please visit the website of the programme.
The programme is open to candidates with a good first degree (German minimum 2.5) in business or a related field (e.g. engineering, law, economics). Non-business graduates must demonstrate business knowledge by having taken at least 4 business courses at undergraduate level, of which 2 should be in the quantitative area (e.g. accounting, finance, statistics, economics, logistics). It can accommodate applicants with a first degree that was 6, 7 or 8 semesters (180, 210 or 240 ECTS) in duration. Candidates with 180 ECTS points wishing to graduate from ESB Business School are required to do an additional compulsory integrated internship of 20-24 weeks.
- Admission requirements: First degree in business with minimum grade average of 2.5 (German) and an average of 6 months work experience (eg. internships, work experience post graduation). Non-business graduates must have taken at least 4 business courses as part of their undergraduate studies of which 2 must be in the quantitative area.
- Application procedure: Written online application and TOEFL (min. 83 ibt or 220 cbt) or IELTS (score of 6.5 with at least a score of 6 in each of the individual components).
- Application deadline: 20th June
- Semester begin: Winter semester
- Length of programme: 12-15 months depending on number of ECTS from Bachelor degree
- Semesters abroad: Mandatory
- Degrees awarded: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
For those students with 210 or 240 ECTS points from their undergraduate degree, who choose to complete the programme in Germany, the programme takes a minimum of 12 months. The programme is broken up as shown below. The different start and end dates for Study Block one are due to different start and end dates at the four partner institutions (Ireland, France, Italy, Mexico).
Study Block 1: August/September - December (30 ECTS)
Lectures and examinations in France or Italy or Mexico or Ireland
Study Block 2: February - June (30 ECTS)
Lectures and examinations in Germany at ESB
Study Block 3: June - Sep/Dec (30 ECTS)
Thesis phase. Students have a maximum of 6 months in which to write their thesis. The fast track option open to all those entering the programme with 210 or 240 ECTS points allows them to submit their thesis at the end of August.
Students entering the programme with 180 ECTS from their undergraduate degree must complete a compulsory 20-24 week internship on completion of Study Block 2 before they are allowed to proceed to Study Block 3. These students are encouraged to link their internship with their thesis topic. ESB Business School can award 30 ECTS points for the successful completion of this integrated internship ensuring that all students will have attained 300 ECTS points when they graduate. Students have the possibility of writing their thesis with a company. This usually takes the form of an internship (20-24 weeks) and would lengthen the programme.
The formal application deadline is 20th June. However, to maximize chances of acceptance onto the programme, it is highly recommended to apply as early as possible.
Application forms are to be completed online >
- European Union and IPBS students EUR 12,000
- Non European Union students EUR 17,000
The fee includes:
- tuition at both schools
The fee does not include:
- travel, lodging and living expenses
- local registration fees
- all other miscellaneous expenses
The application fee is EUR 50 (non-refundable).